Sometimes we have to perform technical tasks like image and video editing. Any such tutorials will be listed on this page.
I hope to make these tutorials as easy to understand as possible.
Discover the pros and cons of this plugin, the issues I faced using it and the time-saving widgets and features it offers! It gets 4.5 stars!
Step by step strategy to backup your computer, your website and everything else, manually or automatically with free software!
A step by step tutorial with a lot of screenshots and animations to show you how to write a professional ebook with this free software…
Step by step guide shows you how to create cool powerpoint videos. Discover the tools, their features and the full process…
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question #1: What’s the best video editing software?
Camtasia has always been the #1 video editing software, but it’s also the most expensive.
You can get all the features you actually need in other cheaper alternatives such as Screen O Matic.
- Question #2: What’s the best image editing software?
If you’re using Windows Paint.net has a lot of features and is easier to use than other programs like Gimp.
One feature I like the most is the easy ability to remove the background from an image (using the ‘Magic Wand’ tool). Useful to make an image transparent.
- Question #3: Where do I get free images for my website and elsewhere?
Here’s a list of websites to get free images:
Most do not require attribution (which means linking back to their website) but read their terms to verify.
These are known as stock photos. Keep in mind in a lot of cases it’s best to use custom made images to differentiate yourself from your competitors.
It can be expensive to hire graphic designers, but you can use free design tools like Canva. It’s what I use for all the images on this website.
With Canva you can use stock photos but edit them and add custom shapes and text to make the image unique to you.
- Question #4: What’s the best website building tool?
WordPress.org is highly recommended because you can build any kind of website you want very easy.
There are thousands of plugins so you can do whatever you want basically.
You can build a website on WordPress without a page building plugin. But it won’t look nice or professional than if you use one.
You’d get a ton of features with a page building plugin. I tried about 5 – 7 different plugins and my favorite is Elementor.
Other top rated options are usually Thrive Architect and Divi Builder.
- Question #5: What’s the best email marketing tool?
Aweber is very easy to use and is always rated at the very top in terms of deliverability. Without getting technical, that basically means their ability to actually deliver your email to your subscribers.
Other popular options using by good marketers include Convert Kit, Get Response, Mailchimp and Active Campaign (not so easy to use).
- Question #5: What are other tools you recommend?
There are some of my favorite tools that you may find useful.
- Notepad ++ – just like Notepad but has the ability to open several notepad files in tabs. And other features that can be useful when working with basic html or css.
- Libre Office or Open Office- this suite of software contains free alternative versions for Microsoft Office products. It contains a word processor, spreadsheet, power point presentations and more. You can download just the software that you want.
- EaseUS ToDo Backup – this free software allows you to backup files and folders on your computer automatically. You can backup to external drive or the cloud such as Google Drive.
- 4K Video Download – With this free tool you can download Youtube videos, playlists or complete channels easily. It has more features. I have the pro version, it’s inexpensive. Free version has some very minor limitations.
- Any Video Converter This free software also allows you to download Youtube videos but not entire playlists or channels. Also you can download videos from elsewhere too in some cases. It can also convert videos from one format into pretty much any other.
- Useful Chrome Plugins: LastPass, Copy Link Name, Tabzen, Text Transformer, Grammarly for Chrome, Save to Pocket, Keywords Everywhere and MozBar. I don’t have all of these enabled because they can slow Chrome.